This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Awesome Roasted Juliet Tomatoes
Source: Crimmins Family Farm (Entered by Chuck Crimmins)
These are a favorite in our family. This is the recipe used to make those tomatoes many of you sampled at the market yesterday, 7/15/16.
Serves: 4-6 servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 450F or preheat your grill to a medium to high temperature.
- 1. Slice your tomatoes and place them in a mixing bowl. I generally slice these in half, but they can be quartered as well
- 2. In a food processor or mini food chopper, pulse your garlic, basil leaves, salt and lemon pepper until chopped. Then with processor running add your vinegar and oil. Blend until well mixed (emulsified).
- 3. Toss this mixture with the tomatoes and place the tomatoes on a lightly oiled cookie sheet for the oven. If you are using your grill place the tomatoes in a lightly oiled cast iron skillet or grill pan of your choice.
- 4. Cook until the tomatoes are caramelized, turning them at least once.
- These can be served as a side dish or tossed with pasta and other veggies. They can be served hot or cold.
Comments added by fellow market members.
Here's the recipe many of you asked for after tasting these roasted Juliet tomatoes. Enjoy!!